In Rakvere, the Estonian War of Independence and liberation of the town are being celebrated with different events from 10 to 16 January.
- 10 January at 11 a.m.: remembering the victims of the Palermo mass execution that took place in the beginning of 1919 in the Palermo forest The event is organised by Rakvere Memento Society.
- 13 January at 10 a.m.: To celebrate the liberation of Rakvere of the red army, a commemorative ceremony begins by the Monument of the War of Independence with placing wreaths. At 11 a.m., a church service will take place at Rakvere Kolmainu congregation.
- 14 January at 1 p.m.: a traditional shooting competition for teams will take place at a shooting range at Rakvere police station for students and adult. Register your team by 9 January by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 14 January at 6 p.m.: Estonian film 'Tangerines' (''Mandariinid'') is aired at Rakvere Teatrikino. Admission free of charge.
- 14 and 15 January: lectures for students of Rakvere about Rakvere in the War of Independence.
- 16 January at 10 a.m.: a hike beginning from Rakvere train station, through the city to Rägavere. The hike commemorates the first battle of the cannon batallion in December 1918.